Sharat Laser Eye Hospital is the only private Hospital, outside the state capital, (in the state of Telangana) which has constituted an in house Ethics Committee aimed at strengthening and conducting research and patient care activities.
- This is another step SLEH has adopted towards making SLEH an Institute of excellence in Ophthalmological care and Research.
- SLEH has established on its premises a state of the art wet Lab with modern microscopes and phacoemulsification units, kitaro dummy Headsets for the benefit of ophthalmic surgeons at various stages of their career either fresh postgraduates (or) senior Ophthalmologist and surgeons who wish to refine/review and fine-tune their surgical skills in various aspects of modern cataract surgery like tunnel making, suturing, phacoemulsification,\nucleus techniques, basic vitrectomy ,topical phacoemulsification etc.,
SURGICAL TRAINING COURSES AND FELLOWSHIPS :
- SLEH is recognized by AAO and AIOS as a surgical training centre which offers phacoemulsification and SICS fellowships.
- SLEH is now recognized by Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) as a partner surgical Training centre for postgraduates of MAHE, Karnataka.
- Postgraduates students of Manipal Hospital are eligible for a a one month SICS/Phacoemulsification Training course.
- For all the other candidates, a surgical training fellowship of one month duration in both SICS and Phacoemulsification are offered on payment basis.