- Sharat Laser Eye Hospital was started as a private clinic in Warangal District in 1993 by Dr.C.Sharat Babu Ms.opthalmology alumnus of Manipal Hospital and Manipal University very soon to become an acclaimed ophthalmic surgeon of Repute. Over years the Hospital has progressed into a Multi Speciality Eye Hospital in Warangal District, Telangana State and Dr.C.Sharat Babu received a well deserving Best Doctor Award from Dpty.Cheif Minister of Telangana State Sri.Kadiyam SriHari Garu.
- Sharat Laser Eye Hospital became the first NABH SHCO Eye hospital in former combined state of Andhra Pradesh and awarded NABH accreditation in 2013. After formation of Telangana State, Sharat Laser Eye Hospital was given the Renewal of accreditation by NABH in 2016.
- Started it’s journey on the path to comprehensive & quality care in 1993.
- Functioning as a full fledged ophthalmic surgical center with Three fully equipped modern surgical theatres.
- Hospital has medical professionals whose skills, Ethics and integrity are respected by each and every patient.
- Sharat Laser Eye Hospital has the distinction of being the first and the only centre to provide the ophthalmic sub specialty services including Corneal, Retinal, Oculoplasty and Pediatric Opthalmology services in the region of Telangana.
- The Hospital handles the entire range of ophthalmic ailments and performs nearly all types of ophthalmic surgeries.
Achievements & Our Endeavours in becoming a centre of Excellence in Opthlamology:
- NABH Accreditation
- Sharat Laser Eye Hospital has adopted 30 villages in and around the District of Warangal and established Vision Centres which deliver the primary care and actual to the points of contact for further referral to main hospital in cause of any need.
- Our Hospital has an annual patients inflow of around 29,000 to 30,000 patients in the out patient department.
- Total of around 4000 to 4500 surgeries are performed per annum in the state of the art surgical theatres.
- Sharat Laser Eye Hospital has entered into a unique MOU with Mulkanoor Cooperate Bank, Mulkanoor ,Warangal Urban District another prestigious organization in the North Telangana Districts. In accordance with the association, till now 1376 Premium Surgeries were performed for the registered members of the cooperative Bank at subsidized rates.
- Sharat Laser Eye Hospital has performed 11,000 free Cataract surgeries for villages adopted by and earned the distinction of declaring 9 villages as “Avoidable Blind Free “ Villages during 2016-2017.
- Started surgical training facility for young & upcoming ophthalmic surgeons.
- Recognized Surgical (Cataract) Training Center listed in training center directory of AIOS, AAO.
Our Path to Progress:
We are first to start the following:
- 1993 Endocapsular ECCE (Extra Capsular Cataract Extraction) with PC IOL
- 1994 Retina Lasers
- 1994 Switched over to SICS
- 1995 Phaco emulsification
- 2008 Lasik Surgery
- 2012 Sc., Optometry Course in Association with Ignou (now suspended)
- 2015 Empanelled with Aarogyasri/EHS and Introduction of various sub specialityservices like Corneal transplantation , PKP with DSAEK,Retinal surgeries like RD surgery membrane peeling ,Oculoplasty surgeries include Orbitotomies